Chico, California is a wonderful place to be, especially during the summer. Many think of Chico as a small town with not a lot to do. While that may seem like the case, it's the exact opposite! Chico and the surrounding area has so many things to offer in the forms of hiking, sporting activities, water fun, and more. Here are just 20 things to do this summer while Living in Chico that can instantly give you memories you can treasure for a lifetime.
- Butte College’s Nature Trail: Did you know that our community college is located on a nature preserve? To get to the trail you have to go through the campus gates, which are open from 6am-10pm (closed on holidays).
- Feather Falls (Waterfalls): Hike to a beautiful 410 foot waterfall.
- Paradise Flumes: Take a beautiful hike and then float on back to where you started!
- Monkey Face: Take the trail in Upper Park and get a beautiful view of the Chico Valley, Horseshoe Lake and the Bidwell Park Golf Course.
- Honey Run: Take your dog for a drive with you to the covered bridge to enjoy the scenery around you!
- CARD Intramurals: CARD offers many different sporting teams that both adults and children can join year-round.
- Golfing: We have four golf courses in Chico – Canyon Oaks Country Club, Bidwell Park Golf Course, Skyway Golf Park, and Butte Creek Country Club.
- AMF Bowling: Have a night out with your friends by seeing who can bowl the best or worst score.
- Disc Golf in Upper Bidwell Park: More active than regular golf, just bring your own frisbee.
- FunLand (mini golf, batting cages, skating rink): Good for all ages and birthday parties.
- Go watch our local baseball team, the Chico Heat, play a game!
- Relax on a hot summer day by tubing down the Sacramento River or Butte Creek.
- Load the kids in the car and take them for a day at WaterWorks Park in Redding.
- Sun Splash has more than just a water park -- it also has a race track, laser tag, and arcade games.
- Spend a lazy day laying out in the sun at One Mile or Five Mile.
- Ever wanted to jump out of a plane? Summer is the time to do with a trip to Sacramento to go Skydiving.
- Take the family up to the Turtle Bay Exploration Park, and make sure you take a walk across the Sundial Bridge!
- Enjoy a night looking up at the stars at the Chico Observatory.
- Too hot in the evening to do anything? No fear, the Chico Theater Company has plays going year-round, see what is either showing now or upcoming.
- Last but not least, T-Bar has their happy hour every day from 3-5pm where you can get their delicious drinks half-off (and believe me, that’s a steal!)
Whatever you choose to do with yourself over the summer we hope that you have a blast and take the right precautions for any of the hikes you go on. Although this is only 20 things to do this summer while Living in Chico we encourage you to experience everything you can so when the summer ends you understand why we think our “little” town is special.
For more information about different places to eat, shop, or numbers to know check out our Funner Than The Phonebook Directory!
Posts by Category
- 4th of July
- Apartment Living
- Best of Chico
- Budget Tips
- Chico Restaurants
- Cleaning Tips
- Community Events
- Community Support
- Creating Caring Communities
- Decorating your Apartment
- Energy Tips
- Fall in Chico
- Father's Day in Chico
- Finding an Apartment
- Living in an Apartment
- Living in Chico
- Luxury Apartments
- Manager Spotlight
- My First Apartment
- Rental Living
- Renter Solutions
- Renters Insurance
- Security Deposits
- Spring in Chico
- Summer Activities in Chico
- Taste of Chico
- Things to Do
- What to Do
- Winter in Chico