Posted by Paige Gilbert
January 10, 2014
The New Year brings a renewed desire for many people to get organized. Clear out the clutter, clean out the closet, and then keep it that way! You’re probably familiar with the same old ideas when it comes to getting organized in small spaces like apartments in Chico California - like purging your closet, reorganizing the pantry, or tossing old toys. But sometimes these projects seem grandiose, time consuming, and end up overwhelming you so they don’t get tackled at all. Well, there are some quick things you can do right now that will make you feel like you’ve accomplished something so you’ll be more inclined to take a bigger project head on.
Things you can do right now in 10 minutes or less
- Recycle old stacks of newspapers and magazines.
- Look through your pantry and throw away any old spices or expired canned goods.
- Clean out your make-up bag and buy a new toothbrush.
- Sort your mail.
- While you’re folding laundry, get rid of any socks with holes in them or socks that don’t have a match.
- When the pen you’re using doesn’t work, just throw it away.
- Don’t throw it in the junk drawer – take 5 minutes and clean that out too.
Tackle One Project in Each Room
The Office – use binder clips to organize cords and wires.
The Bedroom – use ice cube trays to organize jewelry.
(Source: Atelier 630)
The Kitchen – use a lazy susan in the refrigerator
(Source: Taylor Gifts)
The Living Room – turn a book shelf on its side, add some cushions, and you’ve got a bench!
(Source: Amelia Pasolini)
The Patio – Hang buckets on hooks and fill with tools or cleaning supplies
Commit to Starting New Habits
- Instead of tossing the mail on the counter when you get home, take two minutes to sort through it to determine “save” or “to-do” and put it in corresponding files. Throw the junk away.
- When something is empty, throw it away instead of putting back the almost-gone mayonnaise jar or empty cereal box.
- Put laundry away immediately after you fold it.
- Load the dishwasher instead of leaving dirty dishes in the sink – if the dishwasher is full, empty it!
- Don’t put off what you can do in 30 seconds – like taking out the trash, putting toys back in the toy box, or dusting a shelf.
Outer order in your apartments in Chico California will help create inner calm within yourself. Start small and simple and soon enough you’ll be on your way to an organized apartment and be able to keep it that way!
Posts by Category
- 4th of July
- Apartment Living
- Best of Chico
- Budget Tips
- Chico Restaurants
- Cleaning Tips
- Community Events
- Community Support
- Creating Caring Communities
- Decorating your Apartment
- Energy Tips
- Fall in Chico
- Father's Day in Chico
- Finding an Apartment
- Living in an Apartment
- Living in Chico
- Luxury Apartments
- Manager Spotlight
- My First Apartment
- Rental Living
- Renter Solutions
- Renters Insurance
- Security Deposits
- Spring in Chico
- Summer Activities in Chico
- Taste of Chico
- Things to Do
- What to Do
- Winter in Chico