We are nearing the end of September already; can you believe it? Only a week and half until the October is upon us. Fall in Chico is something to enjoy with the drop-in temperature (goodbye hundred degrees!), and the changing of the leaf colors, as well as all the fall inspired events!
We’ve pulled together a collection of events in Chico that you should definitely place on your calendar. Near the bottom we’ve also collected the list of events happening in all of our Living in Chico properties that just for our residents. Have fun planning the rest of your September and all of your October!
End of September – October Events in Chico
Thursday Night Markets
April 5th– Sept. 27th @ 6-9pm
Enjoy the last Thursday Night Market until next April! Located on Broadway between 2nd and 5th Street, including side streets and the fabulous City Plaza!
Taste of Chico
Sept. 23rd @ 12-4pm
Tickets are still available for you to taste all the food and drink we have to offer in the region of Chico. Last year this event was sold out, you don’t want to miss out! The best part is you get to roam around Downtown Chico and go shopping along with getting taste everything.
Harvest Sidewalk Sale
Oct. 5th– 6thstarting at 9am
Ring in the fall season with an amazing drop in prices all over Downtown Chico! Start your Christmas shopping early and get sweet deals on your fall favorites.
Art & Wine Walk
Oct. 5th @ 5-8pm
This a month-long art walk, but during the opening over twenty complimentary receptions will take place, with tastings from 10 local wineries and breweries, refreshments, appetizers, and musical accompaniment.
Oct. 5th– 21st
Located at the Center of the Arts on Pleasant Valley High School’s campus, join the Chico Theater Company in their performance of Disney’s Classic Broadway Show “Newsies.” Shows are Friday, Saturday, and Sundays throughout the month.
Making God Laugh
Oct. 5th– 21st
Join the cast of Chico Theater Company while they perform a story that follows a family over 30 years of holidays. The show is appropriate for all ages and named from the famous Woody Allen quote, “If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans…”
- Sept. 27th: Constitution ay Lecture “Free Speech on Campus” by Erwin Chemrinsky
- Oct. 14th: Show Boat: San Francisco Opera Grand Cinema Series
- Oct. 19th: Complexions Contemporary Ballet
- Oct. 26th: Cirque Mechanics 42 FT
- Oct. 28th: Mariachi Herencia dé Mexico
One of the premiere music venues in Chico, Sierra Nevada Brewery hosts a wide variety of talented musicians in their Big Room venue. Here are some highlights from the September – October calendar.
- Sept. 23rd: Marc Broussard w/ The Dales
Sept 24th: The Motet
Oct. 8th: We Were Promised Jetpacks w/ Jenn Champion
Oct 10th: The Stone Foxes w/ Tango Alpha Tango
Oct. 13th: Poor Man’s Whiskey
Oct 15th: The Celebration Beer Release Party
Oct. 17th: Jeffery Broussard & the Creole Cowboys
Oct. 20th: Hop Harvest Festival
Oct. 23rd: The Steel Wheels
Oct. 25th: Carl Broemel of Morning Jacket w/ Steelism
Oct. 27th: Wild and Scenic Film Festival
Oct. 29th: Lindsay Lou
Oct. 31st: Decades Halloween Party!
Oct. 12th starting at 11:30am
Enjoy a yummy lunch at the Lakeside Pavilion and stay for a game of Bingo after lunch while chatting with friends. Tickets are on sale now, and it is requested that you reserve a seat a week before the luncheon.
Oct. 31st @ 2-5pm
Treat Street is a fun and safe place for kids under 12 to trick-or-treat in Downtown Chico. There will also be Halloween activities, entertainment, and informational booths!
1661 Forest Ave Residents
- 24th @ 5:30pm: Pizza and football in the clubhouse to watch the Steelers vs Buccaneers game.
Train Station Residents
- 22nd @ 9:00am: Meet at the clubhouse for our monthly Saturday morning breakfast together.
- 28th@ 7:30pm: Before the cool weather really hits, join us for an outdoor movie night on our new 17' inflatable movie screen. We will be showing "The Greatest Showman." Movie snacks and drinks will be served.
Sheridan Square Residents
- 25th@ 7pm: Hope you’ll join us at the clubhouse for homemade ice cream sandwiches!
- 26thin the Morning: Start your morning off right with a muffin, some yogurt or fruit. Check out the morning headlines or chat with some neighbors at our continental breakfast.
Lassen Villa Residents
- 26th@ 6pm: In an effort to connect neighbors and create community at Lassen Villa, we are starting up "Meet Your Neighbor" dinners again. This month we will host dinner in the clubhouse for apartments 1-12 and 137-144. Personal invitation to follow.
Amanda Place Residents
- 28th@ 7am: Start off your Friday right with donuts and Starbucks coffee at the exit, we’ll be out there early! Hope to see you.
October Events have yet to be scheduled for Living in Chico apartment complexes. Make sure to check out the calendar when it starts getting even closer to October to see what they have in store for you!
For other fun activities to do in Chico, download our Funner Than The Phonebook Directory and see places to eat, shop, and important numbers everyone should know.
Posts by Category
- 4th of July
- Apartment Living
- Best of Chico
- Budget Tips
- Chico Restaurants
- Cleaning Tips
- Community Events
- Community Support
- Creating Caring Communities
- Decorating your Apartment
- Energy Tips
- Fall in Chico
- Father's Day in Chico
- Finding an Apartment
- Living in an Apartment
- Living in Chico
- Luxury Apartments
- Manager Spotlight
- My First Apartment
- Rental Living
- Renter Solutions
- Renters Insurance
- Security Deposits
- Spring in Chico
- Summer Activities in Chico
- Taste of Chico
- Things to Do
- What to Do
- Winter in Chico