UPDATED FOR 2018
Every year the Chico News & Review holds the Best of Chico contest where locals vote on their Chico favorites. After the votes are tallied they announce the winners and let me tell you what, businesses really appreciate knowing that they are liked. So if you're living in Chico let’s get started and get to voting!
February 22, 2018
Living in Chico offers you so many different things such as amazing parks, trees that show every season, apartments you can make into a home, and best of all, places that make deciding what to eat difficult because everything tastes like heaven. Chico has everything from the hometown bakery to authentic Mexican to upscale restaurants and everything in-between.
UPDATED FOR 2017
Every year the Chico News & Review holds the Best of Chico contest where locals vote on their Chico favorites.
This contest is important for recognizing local businesses, their hard work, and contribution to our community.
Let your voice be heard! If you're living in Chico and have favorite places to eat, drink, and have fun, go vote! Give a shout out to your favorite waitress, and be sure to share your best kept brunch secrets!
Updated for 2017
Consider your Thursday night’s booked because one of Chico’s most anticipated seasonal events has begun. Thursday Night Market is back for its 21st season every Thursday, April through September from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. in Downtown Chico, rain or shine.
Here are 6 reasons why you don’t want to miss Thursday Night Market:
September 08, 2014
It's that time of year again folks! Every year the Chico News and Review holds a ballot to find out what Chicoans think is Best of Chico. If you haven’t voted before and are living in Chico (or even if you aren't but used to!), then here's how it works.
Go to the CN&R website to find your ballot. You will be asked to either create a CN&R login and sign in or to login with your Facebook. This is to verify each person only votes once.
February 13, 2013
What’s your favorite place in Chico?
Well Chico, it has arrived! Chico News & Review is having its annual Best of Chico event where you get to vote for your favorite Chico restaurants, shops, gyms, organizations and venue. You may be asking yourself, why should I vote? Well, besides the fact that voting shows support for your favorite local spots, eligible participants will be entered into a grand-prize drawing for a 1-oz. gold coin from Chico Coin & Jewelry worth approximately $1,600! Now thats worth taking a minute to vote in your Chico favorites. Make sure to mark this event on your calendar because voting this year ends at 11:59 p.m. on Sept. 26. To cast your vote visit newsreview.com.
So, what are some of our favorites?
In the spirit of voting for favorite places in Chico, we at LivingInChico.com have a few favorites of our own. Here is a list of some of our favorite shops and restaurants. See if any of your favorites match our choices!
5. Sierra Nevada: When it comes to quality fresh food with the finest beers on tap, Sierra Nevada takes a solid top spot in our office favorites. The atmosphere and local culture it brings is without a doubt some of the best in Chico. We recommend trying the delicious Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf Bites with Honey Ketchup Glaze. It’s a meal you will love!
4. Jon and Bon’s: Where’s is the first place that comes to mind when you think frozen yogurt in Chico? Jon and Bon’s, right! Their refreshing flavors like, tart berry and endless unique toppings keep us coming back for more.
3. North Rim CrossFit: This a new company in Chico that has just exploded in the local talk around our office and around the community. This gym made our top favorites because of its one of a kind team building workout and intense CrossFit training that makes working out contagiously fun. Give them a try, their is no better place to get fit in town.
2. Bidwell Mansion: If you are a visitor from out of town or a Chico local you know how amazing the Bidwell Mansion house and tour is. The history of the founders of Chico are stored in this beautiful landmark. Unfortunately there has been talk of canceling tours due to budget upkeep, so if you would like to take a tour do so soon. If you would like to see the mansion stay open let us know what you love most about it on our facebook page to raise awareness.
1. Bidwell Perk: From Chai Mochas to Orange Cream Smoothies, Bidwell Perk is a place you can’t afford to miss out on. As a local Best of Chico winner in past years you can’t go wrong ordering from this community favorite cafe. Give it a shot! We wouldn’t be surprised if it becomes your new favorite brew in town.
Now that you have a glimpse into our favorites we would LOVE to hear your picks! Tell us some of your favorite places in Chico. Use the comment section below or comment on our Facebook page at Facebook.com/livinginchico.
Best of luck to all our local shops and restaurants in this years Best of Chico contest!
“We don’t make living funner, we make life funner.”
Topics: Best of Chico